Appearing in "Before I'd Be Slave..."
- The X-Men
- The Changeling (Only in flashback)
- The Z'Nox (First appearance) (Appears in flashback and main story)
- Various Z'Nox warriors
- Unnamed Z'Nox beast
- Nick Fury (Voice only)
- Dr. Theodore Norton, an astronomer
- David Brinkley
- Chet Huntley
- Unnamed multitude of humans of "good will"
- New York
- Magnetic South Pole
- Z'nox (planet) (First appearance)
- Z'Nox world-ship
- S.H.I.E.L.D. Helicarrier
- X-Men's Rocket Ship
Synopsis for "Before I'd Be Slave..."
- Synopsis not yet written.
- While Havok has been associated with the X-Men since issue #54, this issue is the first which he operates with the team in costume in an official capacity.
- This issue is reprinted in many other comics and books, see references for more info.
- Stan Lee Dared Ask Himself: Who Could Tell A Peril-Packed Tale With A Pertinent Message For The Modern World? The Answer:
- Dennis O'Neil (Writer)
- Neal Adams (Artist)
- Tom Palmer (Inker)
- Jean Izzo (Letterer)
- references: X-Men #62, X-Men #63, X-Men #64, X-Men #42, and X-Men #38
- Oddly, Professor X combines the psyches of a multitude of humans worldwide and has Lorna Dane project them towards "Death Valley" to help the X-Men...who are battling the Z'Nox at the South Pole.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss X-Men Vol 1 65 on the forums
- Images from X-Men Vol 1 65