Appearing in "The Mutants and the Monster"
- The X-Men
- Unnamed army soldiers
- Unnamed Las Vegas citizens
- Cyclops' Visor, version 1
- Dr. Pym's Mind-Probe apparatus
- Dr. Banner's Gamma-Ray device
- X-Men's Sentinel Ship
Synopsis for "The Mutants and the Monster"
- Synopsis not yet written.
- This is the last issue before X-Men becomes a reprint title. It will remain reprints until 1975 and the publication of Giant-Size X-Men.
- In 1999-2000, John Byrne would write and pencil X-Men The Hidden Years. In the same vein as Untold Tales of Spider-Man, it detailed early adventures of the X-Men. However, unlike Untold Tales, which told early Spider-Man adventures that happened in between stories written during the Stan Lee/Steve Ditko run of Amazing Spider-Man, X-Men the Hidden Years told the adventures of the X-Men between X-Men #66 and Giant-Size X-Men #1, the series was canceled after some 20 issues. A preview of the series was published in the back-up story to X-Men Vol 2 #94, which chronologically occurs following this issue.
- This issue is reprinted in many other comics and books, see references for more info.
- references: X-Men #65 and Avengers #68
- The Beast makes the comment, "I scrambled up the cliffside in the best traditions of Justice Douglas," while sneaking up on the Hulk. Presumably, he is referring to noted environmentalist Justice William O. Douglas.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss X-Men Vol 1 66 on the forums
- Images from X-Men Vol 1 66