Appearing in "Where Happy Little Bluebirds Fly..."
- X-Men (Flashback and main story)
- Mojo (Flashback and main story)
- Major Domo (Flashback and main story)
- Meek (On a TV or computer screen) (Only in flashback)
- Dog Soldiers (Only in flashback)
- Marvel Universe (Only in flashback)
Synopsis for "Where Happy Little Bluebirds Fly..."
An amnesiac Longshot finds himself tumbling inside a replica of Xavier’s School as it crashes to the ground. He crawls from the wreckage and meets Beast, Cyclops, Rogue, and Wolverine, all of whom have been re-programmed by Mojo. He quickly recognizes them as the X-Men and remembers they are all trapped in one of Mojo’s TV productions. Watching this, Mojo boasts of his supposed genius and taunts Professor X and the other X-Men. Major Domo plays a video of Dazzler securing the X-Men’s help only for her teleporter to betray them by delivering them all to Mojo. Despite their resistance, the X-Men were soon captured by Mojo and his soldiers, but Dazzler fought her way out. She ran into Longshot only to discover to her horror that Mojo had brainwashed him. Mojo exploited her distraction and had his soldiers blast her. She fell into a cistern and sank to the bottom, apparently dead. Now, Mojo has brainwashed Gambit, Jubilee, Psylocke, and Lila Cheney and sent them to fight Longshot and the other X-Men. Undeterred, Longshot vows to fight on and overthrow Mojo. Meanwhile, a hooded rebel and his men find Dazzler unconscious amidst some debris and load her into their vehicle.
Appearing in "Last Stand"
- Alexander Ryking (First appearance)
- Unnamed guards (all die)
- Marvel Universe
- Unnamed tropical island
Synopsis for "Last Stand"
On a remote tropical island, Maverick is surrounded by armed guards and gives them one last chance to surrender. When they refuse, he drops a grenade, seals his armor, and counts down until it detonates, killing them. In a nearby lab, scientist Alexander Ryking watches the explosion in horror, but his employer, Warhawk, dismisses it. Maverick blasts his way in and prepares to kill Ryking on orders from their boss, Barrington. Warhawk hits Maverick and says he is protecting Ryking as he hired the scientist to restore his body. Maverick hits him back and prepares to kill them both.
- "Where Happy Little Bluebirds Fly..." is reprinted in the X-Men by Chris Claremont & Jim Lee Omnibus hardcover published in 2011.
- "Last Stand" is reprinted in the X-Men: Bishop's Crossing hardcover published in 2012.
- Mojo's story is a clear imitation of The Wizard of Oz with the X-Men "cast" in the main roles as follows:
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss X-Men Vol 2 10 on the forums
- Images from X-Men Vol 2 10
- X-Men Vol 2 #11 - Story conclusion
- X-Men #8 - Longshot captured and sent to the Mojoverse.
- X-Men Unlimited - Details on the Pirate Network, Mojo's competition.
- Uncanny X-Men #252 - Dazzler enters the Siege Perilous, and returns with major memory loss
Links and References
- X-Men at Wikipedia
- X-Men at Marvel Subscriptions
- X-Men series index at Comicbookdb.com
- X-Men series index at Uncanny X-Men.net
- X-Men series index at the Grand Comics Database Project
- The Unofficial Handbook of Marvel Comics Creators - accessed on 12/30/2009