Appearing in "X-Cutioner's Song part 3: Fingers on the Trigger"
- Valerie Cooper
- Moira MacTaggert (On a TV or computer screen)
- Professor (Ship)
- Mr. Sinister
- Mutant Liberation Front
- Dark Riders (Riders of the Storm) (First appearance as Dark Riders)
- Famine (Autumn Rolfson) (Appears on a computer screen, TV, or hologram only)
- Marvel Universe
- X-Men Blackbird
- S.H.I.E.L.D. IPAC
Synopsis for "X-Cutioner's Song part 3: Fingers on the Trigger"
Professor X has been brought to the school’s infirmary, but Beast and Moira are unable to treat the techno-organic virus slowly killing him. X-Factor and the Blue Team leave to track down X-Force while Beast, Quicksilver, and the Gold Team go after the Horsemen to find Cyclops and Jean. Bishop stays behind to guard the professor. In Panama, Mr. Sinister trades the captive Scott and Jean to the Mutant Liberation Front in exchange for a genetic matrix from the future. In west Texas, Cannonball’s X-Force contingent has to crash land the damaged IPAC. Once they are on the ground, Boom-Boom calls the rest of the team for help. In Egypt, the Dark Riders awaken Apocalypse from his convalescence and tell him his Horsemen kidnapped Scott and Jean. Aboard the Blackbird, the X-Men and X-Factor debate the ethics of how they operate versus how X-Force operates. In orbit, Cable returns from the future to his space station Graymalkin. Professor, his AI, informs him of the attempt on Xavier’s life, and that he is apparently the culprit. The next morning, Bishop is on the mansion grounds with Jubilee when the security alarm sounds. He runs inside and finds Mr. Sinister threatening Xavier while holding Val Cooper and Stevie Hunter. X-Factor and the Blue Team arrive at the crashed IPAC in Texas and find X-Force’s complete roster waiting for them.
- This issue is part three of the 12-part "X-Cutioner's Song" crossover with Uncanny X-Men, X-Factor, and X-Force. The story continues from X-Factor #84 and continues in X-Force #16.
- This issue came polybagged with a X-Cutioner's Song trading card featuring Apocalypse drawn by Andy Kubert.
- This issue is reprinted in:
- X-Men: X-Cutioner's Song trade paperback (1994);
- X-Men: X-Cutioner's Song hardcover (2011);
- X-Men Milestones: X-Cutioner's Song trade paperback (2019);
- X-Force Epic Collection vol. 2: X-Cutioner's Song trade paperback (2020).
- The story mistakenly refers to the Dark Riders as mutants when they are actually Inhumans.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss X-Men Vol 2 14 on the forums
- Images from X-Men Vol 2 14
Links and References
- X-Men at Wikipedia
- X-Men at Marvel Subscriptions
- X-Men series index at Comicbookdb.com
- X-Men series index at Uncanny X-Men.net
- X-Men series index at the Grand Comics Database Project
- The Unofficial Handbook of Marvel Comics Creators - accessed on 01/02/2010