Appearing in "Blowback"
- Blue Team
- Gold Team
- Professor X (Only in flashback)
- Lila Cheney
- Team X (First full appearance) (Only in flashback)
- The Hand (some die)
- Omega Red
- Abraham Cornelius
- Mojo (On a TV or computer screen)
- Arthur Barrington (First appearance)
- Janice Hollenbeck (First appearance) (Only in flashback)
- Marvel Universe
- Project Xavier files
Synopsis for "Blowback"
Cerebro detects a new mutant near the mansion, and Psylocke picks up a psychic distress call from the X-Men abducted by the Hand. She, Colossus, and Cyclops take off in the Blackbird to investigate. In the Hand’s getaway truck, Gambit uses his powers to free himself, Beast, Jubilee, and Rogue, and they overcome their kidnappers. Rogue flies ahead after a second truck presumably containing Wolverine, but two Hand operatives blast her with guns. The Blackbird arrives overhead, and Colossus drops into the second truck, but the operatives blow themselves up with it rather than be caught. Colossus emerges from the wreckage with Wolverine’s mask. A day later in Berlin, Matsu’o, Fenris, and Dr. Cornelius of the Weapon X project watch as Omega Red severely beats Wolverine. They, in turn, are being secretly monitored by a covert operative named Maverick. Matsu’o, Omega Red, and Fenris want Wolverine to tell them the location of a device called the carbonadium synthesizer. Earlier at the mansion, Forge and Beast used flight records to track the Hand to Berlin. Professor X directed the Blue Team to rescue Wolverine and the Gold Team to meet with the White Queen of the Hellfire Club. Banshee quit the team to go after Moira. In Berlin, Maverick cuts the power, enabling Wolverine to free himself. As he flees from Omega Red, Wolverine has a flashback to decades earlier when he was part of a black ops team with Maverick and Sabretooth. Now, he jumps out a window to escape. Maverick saves him and takes him to a safehouse to recuperate. On his monitors, Maverick watches the Blue Team infiltrate the Hand’s base. In Malibu, Lila Cheney and a still amnesiac Dazzler are discussing her time as an X-Man when Longshot suddenly crashes through a skylight above. Even though Dazzler does not recognize him, he kisses her. When Spiral arrives in pursuit, Lila teleports away with Dazzler and Longshot.
- This issue is reprinted in:
- X-Men: Mutant Genesis trade paperback (1995);
- X-Men: Mutant Genesis hardcover (2010);
- X-Men by Chris Claremont & Jim Lee Omnibus hardcover (2011).
- The Gold Team's meeting with the White Queen and the events that follow are shown in Uncanny X-Men vol. 1 #281-283.
- X-Men Vol 2 #4 - The Hand attacks the X-Men
- Uncanny X-Men #281 - The X-Men: Gold Team go to the Hellfire Club
Links and References
- X-Men at Wikipedia
- X-Men at Marvel Subscriptions
- X-Men series index at Comicbookdb.com
- X-Men series index at Uncanny X-Men.net
- X-Men series index at the Grand Comics Database Project
- The Unofficial Handbook of Marvel Comics Creators - accessed on 12/22/2009