Appearing in "Farther Still"
- The Hand
- Omega Red (Flashback and main story)
- Abraham Cornelius
- Sabretooth (Flashback and main story)
- Major Domo
- Unnamed soldiers of Mojo
- Arthur Barrington (Appears in shadow only) (Only in flashback)
- Birdy (First appearance)
- Janice Hollenbeck (Dies in flashback)
- Meek (First appearance)
- Several unnamed Mojoworld rebels
Synopsis for "Farther Still"
Beast, Cyclops, and Jubilee fight past Hand assassins but are ambushed and defeated by Omega Red. In his safehouse, Maverick struggles to keep a wounded Wolverine alive. Wolverine remembers when he, Maverick, and Sabretooth tried to rescue a double agent decades earlier. They had also stolen the carbonadium synthesizer, a device required to keep Omega Red’s life-draining mutant powers from killing him. Omega Red cornered them, Sabretooth panicked and killed the double agent, and he, Maverick, and Wolverine jumped out a high-story window to escape. On Mojoworld, Lila Cheney, Dazzler, and Longshot materialize in front of Mojo. Major Domo nullifies Lila’s teleportation powers so they fight off Mojo’s soldiers and run. Members of Longshot’s rebellion save them and take them to a rural camp. The rebels hail Longshot’s return, and he comforts an overwhelmed Dazzler, professing his love for her. In Berlin, Gambit, Psylocke, and Rogue battle Hand operatives until Fenris takes down Gambit, and Matsu’o uses a post-hypnotic suggestion from Psylocke’s time as a Hand assassin to take control of her and force her to knock out Rogue. At the safehouse, Wolverine wakes up, and Maverick recalls how Wolverine quit their black ops team over the double agent’s death, taking the synthesizer with him. Wolverine does not remember Maverick, and they briefly scuffle until they see on Maverick’s monitors that Sabretooth has arrived. Hired by Matsu’o and Fenris to retrieve Wolverine, Sabretooth takes the enthralled Psylocke into the city sewers and tracks him down. Following a brief fight, they take Wolverine and Maverick captive. Matsu’o and Fenris drink a toast to their victory, and Matsu’o tells Omega Red he may feed on the life essences of the captive X-Men.
- This issue is reprinted in:
- X-Men: Mutant Genesis trade paperback (1995);
- Giant-Size Wolverine #1 (Dec. 2006);
- X-Men: Mutant Genesis hardcover (2010);
- X-Men by Chris Claremont & Jim Lee Omnibus hardcover (2011).
- X-Men Vol 2 #5 - Events leading up to this current storyline
- Uncanny X-Men #256 - Psylocke is controlled by The Hand
- Wolverine Vol 2 #50 - Wolverine remembers his time as a C.I.A. Operative in Team Weapon X
Links and References
- X-Men at Wikipedia
- X-Men at Marvel Subscriptions
- X-Men series index at Comicbookdb.com
- X-Men series index at Uncanny X-Men.net
- X-Men series index at the Grand Comics Database Project
- The Unofficial Handbook of Marvel Comics Creators - accessed on 12/22/2009